Granite countertops provide a high performance, non-porous surface for the modern home. Many people who have this type of countertop installed are drawn to its various benefits, such as chemical resistance and durability. Granite is very hard to damage. Another major benefit is just how easy it is to keep the surface clean and shiny. There is no need for polish to help it keep its luster and there is no need for special cleaners. You can clean the surface with water and a paper towel. If you feel the need to use a mild soap, only use those that are non-abrasive and contain no bleach.
Tips on how to care for your Granite countertops:
- Protect the surface from the heat of hot pots and pans with a pad or trivet underneath each pot or pan.
- Always use a cutting board an do not use knives directly on the surface.
- Avoid putting heavy pressure or force on the kitchen countertop which could lead to chips in the surface.
- Never use abrasive or high chemical detergents on your countertop.
- Wipe up spills before they have a chance to dry.
These are just a few care tips for your granite kitchen countertops.
Granite kitchen countertops from AA Marble & Granite
At AA Marble & Granite, we stock and supply a range of the best quality granite kitchen countertops in Atlanta. These slabs are made of crushed granite and resin and the slabs are manufactured in a variety of colors and patterns. Our granite kitchen countertops are durable and flexible, which means they are easy to work with. Since the surface is non-porous, it is not a breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
Granite must be installed by the professionals in order that you get the right fit and look. If you would like to learn more about our range of granite countertops, contact us at AA Marble & Granite today.