[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If there’s one stone that’s synonymous with luxury countertops, then it’s definitely granite; for over 30 years, granite has dominated the natural stone countertop industry so heavily that many countertop companies have branded themselves solely around granite counters. Although granite is a beautiful stone, aesthetic appeal isn’t all that it has to offer to home buyers and renovators; a durable nature, an unbelievable catalog of design options, and a high perceived value have all contributed to the rise and success of granite as a countertop material.
When it comes to countertops, durability is essential, and granite is one of the toughest stones around; virtually indestructible by normal means, you almost have to take a hammer to it before it shows any signs of wear.
- Granite is inherently resistant to chipping, scratching, heat, staining, and bacteria; you can even cut on it, but be warned that it will blunt your knives very quickly.
- Just like any other natural stone, granite benefits immensely from a properly applied sealant; not only will a strong sealant help to prevent staining, it will also protect the surface of the stone from age-related wear.
- Once your granite has been sealed, you don’t need to use anything but warm water to clean your counters; specialized granite cleaners are also available if you prefer, but we advise against using soap, as it will leave an unpleasant residue on your surface.
Durability is a great quality, but what about aesthetic appeal? If you’re concerned about the selection of granite available, then worry no more; there are quite literally hundreds of varieties of granite available, from quarries across the globe, each of which boasts different coloring and patterning.
- At AA Marble & Granite, we work with quarries all over the world to stock stones of every possible color and pattern; if you can’t find your perfect slab with us, we’ll use our network of quarries to find it for you.
- With modern equipment, countertop fabricators can create intricate edge profiles for your granite countertops; our fabrication division is dedicated to helping you to personalize your counters in every way possible.
- We stock over 1800 slabs in our Norcross stone-yard, and we offer basic and exotic stone catalogs for you to peruse at your leisure; if you’re feeling overwhelmed, we also offer a free countertop design consultation to help you get a better feel for how your space might benefit from granite countertops.
The best home renovations projects are just as practical as they are beautiful, and granite countertops are no exception; not only will granite help to boost the value of your home, it’s also an environmentally responsible material, and a long-term investment that can last for decades to come.
- Any realtor will tell you that granite countertops are one of the most sought-after features for kitchens and bathrooms on the home market; a well-designed cut of granite in a kitchen can go a very long way to attract prospective home buyers.
- Another point worth mentioning is the environmentally friendly nature of granite as a building material; with a relatively low carbon footprint, a lifespan of centuries, and absolutely zero harmful emissions, granite is good for the planet and for your indoor air quality.
Whether you’re convinced that granite is the material for you, or you still have questions about granite as a countertop surface, we invite you to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation countertop design consultation with a granite specialist at AA Marble & Granite; to set your appointment up today, give us a call at (770) 872-4066, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our Quick Contact Form today![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]